Parts of Control Center and other programs don't work

Sim_33

Hello,
i am using Astra Linux Common Edition on newest Update Version. I had already had the Astra Version before on the same PC, but since I reinstalled the OS, i cant create Accounts. This is because several parts in Control Center like "System Integrity Check" or "GRUB2 Editor" or also Programs like "KSysGuard" do not open. Other parts are working perfectly. I am using seperated /home partition.
Is there any other way to create new lokal accounts?

(I hope i choose the correct Category)
Friendly Regards,
Simon B.

countmein

You can use the 'useradd' command for that. See 'man useradd' for details. Then use 'passwd' to assign a password to the user. Both commands should be used with 'sudo' before them to elevate your rights.

Sim_33

OK, thank you very much, I'll do that. But do you have an idea, why i can't open the named programs, or what i could do to solve that problem?

countmein

What exactly happens when you try to open them?

Also, I would try running them in the terminal to see what they might complain about. The actual command lines for those you have mentioned are:
Код:
ksysguard --autosu
su-to-root -X -c /usr/bin/fly-admin-int-check
su-to-root -X -c fly-admin-grub2
ksysguard also opens without '--autosu', so you can try it this way too.

Sim_33

Thank you!
1. If I use the application in Toolbar / Start Menu, it isn't doing anything. No Process is being started. If I use the command over the terminal, it works. This is Okay, i hope the next Update will fix this.
2. I created a secondary User. (Not with "useradd", but with "adduser" because of other functions.) This worked very good, and i can login with it. The only Problem is, there is no Fly Terminal in the Start Menu, and if I try to start it in File Manager, a Terminal Window opens, but does not work / log the 2. User in, although it has sudo rights, too.

Вложения

countmein

It's unclear to me what the problem is. Apparently something went wrong during installation. Maybe you should simply reinstall Astra, and that would take you much less time than trying to figure out what was broken and how to fix it. Nobody can tell when the next update will come.